A career in music isn't alternative anymore. High school is behind you. The future is ahead of you. But there's the here and now that you need to figure out. You want to pick a stream that has a future. Your peers have chosen the tried and tested career paths. You don't want to be one the thousands of students who become part of the homogenous mass. In the perfect world, you'd love to pursue your passion. Perhaps have a career in something you love. Like music. But the reality of life gets in the way.
Intake – 30 Seats
Streams: Vocals , Piano , Guitar, Drums
Subjects offered: Ear Training, Keyboard Studies, Music Production, Music History, Solo Classes, Music Theory & Harmony, Arranging, Music Technology ,Performance Practice, Live Playing Session, Instrument Lab, Composition, Music Business, Film Scoring Music, Lyric writing, Hindustani classical Music, Live Electronics, Sibelius ,World Percussion, Research, Creative Project, Studio Session Essentials
Highligts of the program
- The Western Music program at SoPA provides a balanced education between theory and practical methods to make the student a well-rounded musician.
- Our campus houses state of the art musical instruments which the students have full access to for practice, performances and recordings.
- We create ensemble performance environments for students to form bands encouraging them to write and perform their own music using all the skills they acquire at SoPA.
- The Faculty at SoPA comprises of some of the most sort after performing artists, recording session musicians and music educators in the country.
- We provide a real-world industry music education focusing on song composition and arranging, music production and music business helping the student work as a pro musician in today's times.
A candidate must have passed 10 + 2 with a 50% aggregate in 12th Standard
(Students having good potential and skills can be considered as a special case and allowed for audition round) or equivalent examination from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks.
All eligible candidates who wish to apply for our program must upload a video of their performance on YouTube (as a Unlisted video) and attach the link in the application form. The candidates will then be shortlisted and called in for auditions on specific dates.